About this book
Written by a former Aerodynamics Officer on the space shuttle program, this book provides a complete overview of the “new” U. S. space program, which has changed considerably over the past 50 years.The future of space exploration has become increasingly dependent on other countries and private enterprise.
Can private enterprise fill NASA's shoes and provide the same expertise, safety measures and lessons learned?
In order to tell this story, it is important to understand the politics of space as well as the dangers, why it is so difficult to explore and utilize the resources of space. Some past and recent triumphs and failures will be discussed, pointing the way to a successful space policy that includes taking risks but also learning how to mitigate them.
Antares Rocket Explosion Companies ESA Accomplishments and Plans NASA Funding Decline NASA Plans for ISS Resupply New Commercial Space Companies New NASA Space Programs Risks of Space Travel Rocket Technology Development SpaceShipTwo Explosion US Government Contracts Commercial space
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-38813-7
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Physics and Astronomy
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-38811-3
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-38813-7
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors