Table of contents
About this book
Following underwater acoustic channel modeling, this book investigates the relationship between coherence time and transmission distances. It considers the power allocation issues of two typical transmission scenarios, namely short-range transmission and medium-long range transmission. For the former scenario, an adaptive system is developed based on instantaneous channel state information. The primary focus is on cooperative dual-hop orthogonal frequency division multiplexing (OFDM).
This book includes the decomposed fountain codes designed to enable reliable communications with higher energy efficiency. It covers the Doppler Effect, which improves packet transmission reliability for effective low-complexity mirror-mapping-based intercarrier interference cancellation schemes capable of suppressing the intercarrier interference power level.
Designed for professionals and researchers in the field of underwater acoustic communications, this book is also suitable for advanced-level students in electrical engineering or computer science.
underwater acoustic communications OFDM cooperative relay communications statistical polynomial decomposition hybrid decomposed LT codes ICI cancellation system capacity power allocation adaptive system relay selection mirror-mapping rule
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-33207-9
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-33206-2
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-33207-9
- Series Print ISSN 2366-1186
- Series Online ISSN 2366-1445
- Buy this book on publisher's site