Table of contents
About this book
This book describes the technology used for effective sensing of our physical world and intelligent processing techniques for sensed information, which are essential to the success of Internet of Things (IoT). The authors provide a multidisciplinary view of sensor technology from materials, process, circuits, and big data domains and showcase smart sensor systems in real applications including smart home, transportation, medical, environmental, agricultural, etc. Unlike earlier books on sensors, this book provides a “global” view on smart sensors covering abstraction levels from device, circuit, systems, and algorithms.
- Profiles active research on smart sensors based on CMOS microelectronics;
- Describes applications of sensors and sensor systems in cyber physical systems, the social information infrastructure in our modern world;
- Includes coverage of a variety of related information technologies supporting the application of sensors;
- Discusses the integration of computation, networking, actuation, databases, and various sensors, in order to embed smart sensor systems into actual social systems.
Intelligent distributed embedded systems Smart sensors Sensors for Internet of Things Sensor Fusion Internet of Things Cyberphysical systems
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-33201-7
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-33200-0
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-33201-7
- Buy this book on publisher's site