Table of contents
About this book
Since the last edition of this book, there have been a number of advances in the fields of glaucoma, corneal disease, medical retina and genetics. This new edition discusses these developments while also providing an introduction to the specialty of clinical ophthalmology for medical students, trainee ophthalmologists, optometrists, general practitioners, and anyone with a special interest in the subject.
Each chapter contains a brief introduction and an outline of the anatomy of the eye and orbit, and utilises an “answering problems” format. Emphasis is placed on the efficacy of modern treatments in ophthalmology and brief historical information is provided where needed. Most chapters remain in the original format of keeping a dialogue to maintain interest rather than a purely didactic approach with bullet points. References are deliberately kept to a minimum and the chapters end with a concise summary to assist the reader with remembering the key points for each topic.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-32869-0
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-32867-6
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-32869-0
- Buy this book on publisher's site