Table of contents
About this book
This book provides the entire physiology, pathology, and clinical and therapeutical aspects of vitamin D in the setting of Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD). The chapters, divided into major sections, delve into the metabolism of vitamin D, its assessment methods, and the worldwide epidemiology of vitamin D deficiency. The authors also address the classical biological and biochemical effects vitamin D has on mineral and bone metabolism, as well as on a variety of other non-classic target organs, and look at the effects of vitamin D treatment in CKD.
Vitamin D in Chronic Kidney Disease is an extremely timely book that collects the most recent biological, clinical and therapeutic insights, to greatly impact the nephrology community as well as other connected medical specialties.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-32507-1
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Medicine
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-32505-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-32507-1
- Buy this book on publisher's site