Table of contents
About this book
This text contains the most relevant and up-to-date information on this fascinating and challenging disease. It summarizes current knowledge of infective endocarditis and presents clear recommendations about the best ways to diagnose and treat patients with suspected or confirmed cases of the disease.
Although infective endocarditis is a cardiac disease that has long been recognised, it is ever-changing, with varying epidemiology, an increasing number of nosocomial cases, more atypical clinical presentations, new microorganisms, new diagnostic techniques, and a persistent, severe prognosis.
Infective Endocarditis: Epidemiology, Diagnosis, Imaging, Therapy, and Prevention represents the consensus opinion of a team of international specialists on the diagnosis and treatment of infective endocarditis, many of whom have been co-authors of American or European guidelines on the topic. This is therefore a useful tool for many practitioners: cardiologists and cardiac imagers, cardiac surgeons, echocardiographers, and specialists in internal medicine, neurology, and infectious diseases.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Infective Endocarditis
- Book Subtitle Epidemiology, Diagnosis, Imaging, Therapy, and Prevention
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-32432-6
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-32430-2
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-81283-0
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-32432-6
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XIV, 330
- Number of Illustrations 9 b/w illustrations, 67 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site