About this book
This book provides a fundamental reassessment of mathematics education in the digital era. It constitutes a new mindset of how information and knowledge are processed by introducing new interconnective and interactive pedagogical approaches. Math education is catching up on technology, as courses and materials use digital sources and resources more and more. The time has come to evaluate this new dynamic, which transcends all previous use of ancillary devices to supplement classroom math instruction. Interactivity and interconnectivity with the online world of math and math texts (such as television programs and internet sites) can be integrated with our traditional modes for delivery of math instruction.
This book looks at how this integration can unfold practically by applying these relevant pedagogical principles to elementary topics such as numeration, arithmetic, algebra, story problems, combinatorics, and basic probability theory. The book further exemplifies how mathematics can be connected to topics in popular culture, information technologies, and other such domains.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-32280-3
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Education Education (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-32278-0
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-32280-3
- Series Print ISSN 2211-8136
- Series Online ISSN 2211-8144
- Buy this book on publisher's site