About this book
This book is designed to provide the reader with a full understanding of the role of cone beam computed tomography (CBCT) in helping to solve many of the most challenging problems in endodontics. It will shorten the learning curve in application of this exciting imaging technique in a variety of contexts: difficult diagnostic cases, treatment planning, evaluation of internal tooth anatomy prior to root canal therapy, nonsurgical and surgical treatments, early detection and treatment of resorptive defects, and outcomes assessment.
The ability to obtain an accurate 3D representation of a tooth and the surrounding structures by means of noninvasive CBCT imaging is changing the approach to clinical decision making in endodontics. Clinicians long accustomed to working in very small, three-dimensional spaces are no longer constrained by the limitations of two-dimensional imaging. The challenges of mastering the new technology can, however, be daunting. The detailed guidance contained in this book will help endodontists to take full advantage of the important benefits offered by CBCT.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-31466-2
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-31464-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-31466-2
- Buy this book on publisher's site