About this book
This book examines early intensive behavioral intervention (EIBI) programs for young children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD). It analyzes current research on early intervention (EI) and explains the importance of accurate, timely detection of ASD in facilitating the use of EI. Chapters address five widely researched EIBI approaches: Discrete Trial Training, Pivotal Response Training, the Early Start Denver Model, Prelinguistic Milieu Teaching, and Enhanced Milieu Teaching. This in-depth study of current EIBI approaches offers a rigorous guide to earlier and more intensive interventions for children with ASD, leading to greater autonomy and improved later life outcomes for individuals.
Featured topics include:
- Parent-implemented interventions and related issues.
- Evaluations of controversial interventions used with children with ASD.
- Factors contributing to rising ASD prevalence.
- Obstacles to obtaining accurate ASD diagnosis in young children.
ASD prevalence and early intervention Applied Behavioral Analysis and ASD DSM-V and early intervention for ASD DTT and autism spectrum disorder Discrete Trial Training and ASD EI for children with ASD EMT and autism spectrum disorder ESDM and autism spectrum disorder Early Start Denver Model and ASD Early intervention and autism spectrum disorder Enhanced Milieu Teaching and ASD Ethical issues of early intervention Eye tracking and EI for autism spectrum disorder Motivation and ASD treatment for young children PMT and early intervention for ASD PRT and autism spectrum disorder Parent training and early intervention Parent-implemented EI Pivotal Response Training and ASD Prelinguistic Mileu Teaching and ASD
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-30925-5
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Behavioral Science and Psychology
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-30923-1
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-30925-5
- Series Print ISSN 2366-6013
- Series Online ISSN 2366-6021
- Buy this book on publisher's site