About this book
This groundbreaking volume:
- Proposes a non-stigmatizing learning model for therapy, Neuro-Cognitive Learning Therapy.
- Introduces the concept of the connectome and explains its critical role in mental health and illness.
- Differentiates between the unconscious and automaticity in cognition and behavior.
- Addresses the applicability of NCLT to biologically-based mental disorders.
- Offers case studies illustrating NCLT in contrast with commonly-used approaches.
- Includes a chapter-by-chapter clinical teaching guide with therapeutic principles and discussion questions.
- Provides a comprehensive therapeutic framework for practitioners of all orientations.
Depathologizing Psychopathology gives neuropsychologists, psychiatrists, clinical social workers, and child and school psychologists new ways of thinking about mental illness and learning about learning for a bold new step in the evolution of mind/brain knowledge.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-30910-1
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Behavioral Science and Psychology
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-30908-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-30910-1
- Buy this book on publisher's site