Table of contents
About this book
This updated and expanded Fourth Edition is an alphabetical listing of commonly presenting neurological signs designed to guide the physician toward the correct clinical diagnosis. The dictionary is focused, problem-based and concise.
The structured entries in this practical, clinical resource provide summaries of a wide range of neurological signs. Each entry includes: a definition of the sign; a brief account of the clinical technique required to elicit the sign; a description of the other signs which may accompany the index sign; an explanation of pathophysiological and/or pharmacological background; differential diagnosis; brief treatment details; and where known, the neuroanatomical basis of the sign.A Dictionary of Neurological Signs, Fourth Edition, is an indispensable reference for all students, trainees, and clinicians who care for patients with neurological disorders, and could also be used in preparation for exams, since each entry is a snapshot of a specific disorder or disease.
- Book Title A Dictionary of Neurological Signs
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-29821-4
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-29819-1
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-80660-0
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-29821-4
- Edition Number 4
- Number of Pages XLI, 347
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site