About this book
This book discusses the main issues, challenges, opportunities, and trends involving the interactions between academia, industry, government and society. Specifically, it aims to explore how these interactions enhance the ways in which companies deliver products and services in order to achieve sustainable competitiveness in the marketplace.
Sustainable competitiveness has been widely discussed by academics and practitioners, considering the importance of protecting the environment while sustaining the economic goals of organizations. The Quintuple Helix innovation model is a framework for facilitating knowledge, innovation and sustainable competitive advantage. It embeds the Triple and the Quadruple Helix models by adding a fifth helix, the “natural environment.” The Triple Helix model focuses on the university-industry-government triad, while the Quadruple adds civil society (the media- and culture-driven public) as a fourth helix.
The Quintuple Helix model facilitates research, public policy, and practical application of sustainable competitiveness principles. Applying the most recent developments and theoretical insights of this model, the contributors to this volume address such questions as: how do government, academia, industry and civil society actors interact for promoting sustainable competitiveness at the country (regional) level? How do these actors influence sustainable operations management at the company (business) level? In so doing, they shed new light on the dynamics of economic growth, sustainability and competitiveness.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Multiple Helix Ecosystems for Sustainable Competitiveness
João J. Ferreira
Nuno O. Fernandes
- Series Title Innovation, Technology, and Knowledge Management
- Series Abbreviated Title Innovation,Technology
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-29677-7
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Business and Management Business and Management (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-29675-3
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-80623-5
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-29677-7
- Series ISSN 2197-5698
- Series E-ISSN 2197-5701
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XII, 187
- Number of Illustrations 15 b/w illustrations, 17 illustrations in colour
R & D/Technology Policy
- Buy this book on publisher's site