Table of contents
About this book
This book gives a wide-ranging description of the many facets of complex dynamic networks and systems within an infrastructure provided by integrated control and supervision: envisioning, design, experimental exploration, and implementation. The theoretical contributions and the case studies presented can reach control goals beyond those of stabilization and output regulation or even of adaptive control.
Reporting on work of the Control of Complex Systems (COSY) research program, Complex Systems follows from and expands upon an earlier collection: Control of Complex Systems by introducing novel theoretical techniques for hard-to-control networks and systems.
The major common feature of all the superficially diverse contributions encompassed by this book is that of spotting and exploiting possible areas of mutual reinforcement between control, computing and communications. These help readers to achieve not only robust stable plant system operation but also properties such as collective adaptivity, integrity and survivability at the same time retaining desired performance quality.
Applications in the individual chapters are drawn from:
· the general implementation of model-based diagnosis and systems engineering in medical technology, in communication, and in power and airport networks;
· the creation of biologically inspired control brains and safety-critical human–machine systems;
· process-industrial uses;· biped robots;
· large space structures and unmanned aerial vehicles; and
· precision servomechanisms and other advanced technologies.
Complex Systems provides researchers from engineering, applied mathematics and computer science backgrounds with innovative theoretical and practical insights into the state-of-the-art of complex networks and systems research. It employs physical implementations and extensive computer simulations. Graduate students specializing in complex-systems research will also learn much from this collection.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-28860-4
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-28858-1
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-28860-4
- Series Print ISSN 2198-4182
- Series Online ISSN 2198-4190
- About this book