Table of contents
About this book
This book arose from a conference on “Singularities and Computer Algebra” which was held at the Pfalz-Akademie Lambrecht in June 2015 in honor of Gert-Martin Greuel’s 70th birthday. This unique volume presents a collection of recent original research by some of the leading figures in singularity theory on a broad range of topics including topological and algebraic aspects, classification problems, deformation theory and resolution of singularities. At the same time, the articles highlight a variety of techniques, ranging from theoretical methods to practical tools from computer algebra.
Greuel himself made major contributions to the development of both singularity theory and computer algebra. With Gerhard Pfister and Hans Schönemann, he developed the computer algebra system SINGULAR, which has since become the computational tool of choice for many singularity theorists.
The book addresses researchers whose work involves singularity theory and computer algebra from the PhD to expert level.
singularity theory algebraic geometry topology complex analysis computer algebra
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-28829-1
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics Mathematics and Statistics (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-28828-4
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-28829-1
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Finance, Business & Banking