Table of contents
About this book
Central to this edited volume is the proposition that the mountainous border region of Southeastern Europe needs to become a special target of European Union scale, regional development policy-making. Vivid case studies from eleven Central and Southeast European states present diverse perspectives on this region’s physical geography, economy and demographics and demonstrate the integrative potential of the geographic perspective in mountain research. Europe as a whole has a lot to gain from a “sustainable mountains” policy, especially in Southeast Europe. In their focus on the sustainable development of such areas, the chapters consider regional development policy, ecosystem services assessment, small-scale tourism, and forestry management.
This book will be of interest to a wide audience, including academics, students, and practitioners in the fields of geography, ecology, and environmental studies.
Mountain regions in souteastern Europe Sustainable regional development policies in mountains Sustainable mountain tourism Ecosystem services assessment and natural resources Landscapes regulation and hazard prevention capacity Mountain ecology and protection
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-27905-3
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science Earth and Environmental Science (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-27903-9
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-27905-3
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Oil, Gas & Geosciences