About this book
This Brief provides a quantitative and qualitative analysis of proactive strategies for management transitions in criminal justice and other public administration civic service agencies. These organizations have a unique need for managing transitions effectively.
Compared to private organizations: they have a relatively high frequency of management transitions due to the terms of elected and appointed officials, and these new managers more often come from outside the organization.
Through an mixed-methods study of criminal justice command level staff in New York state, researchers found a number of key components to successful transitions. Based on their study, the researchers prepared a set of guidelines called the Command Transition Matrix. This tool is aimed at police and public administration leadership. The methodology used to develop it will be of interest to researchers in Criminal Justice Administration, Public Policy, and Management Science.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-27844-5
- Copyright Information The Author(s) 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Law and Criminology
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-27843-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-27844-5
- Series Print ISSN 2192-8533
- Series Online ISSN 2192-8541
- Buy this book on publisher's site