Table of contents
About this book
The book aims to present the unique geomorphological landscapes of the Czech Republic. The geomorphic uniqueness of this country benefits from the proximity to two distinct European geological domains: the old cratonized Bohemian Massif and the relatively young Tertiary fold and thrust belt of the Western Carpathians.
Landscapes and Landforms of the Czech Republic introduces general physiographical characteristics of the landscape and presents the main driving factors leading to the evolution of the present landscape. The book contains twenty two chapters describing the most interesting geomorphic landscapes of the Czech Republic. The selection of individual landscapes was based on visual exceptionality (e.g. sandstone landscapes of the Northern Bohemia), scientific importance (e.g. patterned grounds in the Sudetic Mountains) and historical relevance (e.g. mining of the Nízký and Hrubý Jeseník Mountains). The final chapters of the book discuss the protection of geomorphic heritage in the Czech Republic.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-27537-6
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science Earth and Environmental Science (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-27536-9
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-27537-6
- Series Print ISSN 2213-2090
- Series Online ISSN 2213-2104
- Buy this book on publisher's site