About this book
This book demonstrates how analytical thinking and intuition can be systematically connected and trained. It is illustrated by figures and photographs and includes creative and stimulating exercises.
We are living in a world of increasing complexity, in which perceiving reality accurately is increasingly important and difficult. Society’s need to address “global grand challenges” requires that the scientific community initiates inter-disciplinary research programmes. These are often far removed from current programmes, which are usually based on intra-disciplinary science. Improving our understanding of complex problems and communicating this understanding to a large group of people from different backgrounds represents an important educational challenge.
Connecting Analytical Thinking and Intuition stimulates students and scientists to improve their skills in thinking, communicating and learning more about being humans. A guide to connecting analytical thinking and intuition is presented using the “dream group” method developed by Montague Ullman, in which a group of 6–8 people systematically and carefully helps the dreamer to appreciate dreams. The importance of good memory, which can be trained through recalling the dreams, is also discussed in relation to science and literature.
- Book Title Connecting Analytical Thinking and Intuition
- Book Subtitle And the Nights Abound with Inspiration
- Series Title SpringerBriefs in Earth Sciences
- Series Abbreviated Title SpringerBriefs in Earth Sciences
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-27534-5
- Copyright Information The Author(s) 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science Earth and Environmental Science (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-27533-8
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-27534-5
- Series ISSN 2191-5369
- Series E-ISSN 2191-5377
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XVII, 60
- Number of Illustrations 16 b/w illustrations, 6 illustrations in colour
Community and Environmental Psychology
Popular Science, general
- Buy this book on publisher's site