Table of contents
About this book
This handbook details best practices and discusses ongoing challenges in assessment and diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder (ASD). Chapters address assessment and diagnostic protocols, developmental considerations in ASD assessment, and issues concerning comorbid psychological and medical conditions. Various aspects of the disorder are emphasized throughout the handbook, from assessment in adolescent and adult populations to the latest findings in neuropsychology. The book concludes with future directions for research and clinical applications, focusing on universal screening, improved assessment methods, and earlier and more accurate diagnosis.
Topics featured in this handbook include:
- Types of ASD assessment.
- Report writing for ASD evaluations.
- Stress and satisfaction in the diagnosis process.
- Clinical and neuropsychological perspectives from comorbid diagnosis of ASD and ADHD.
- Executive functioning and ASD.
The Handbook of Assessment and Diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder is an essential reference for researchers, clinicians, professionals, and graduate students in clinical child and school psychology, child and adolescent psychiatry, and social work as well as rehabilitation medicine/therapy, behavioral therapy, pediatrics, and educational psychology.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Handbook of Assessment and Diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder
Johnny L. Matson
- Series Title Autism and Child Psychopathology Series
- Series Abbreviated Title Autism,Child Psychopathology Ser.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-27171-2
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Behavioral Science and Psychology Behavioral Science and Psychology (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-27169-9
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-68911-1
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-27171-2
- Series ISSN 2192-922X
- Series E-ISSN 2192-9238
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XII, 477
- Number of Illustrations 5 b/w illustrations, 2 illustrations in colour
Child and School Psychology
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Health & Hospitals