Table of contents
About this book
This book deals with the contractual platform for arbitration and the application of contractual norms to the parties' dispute.
Arbitration and agreement are inter-linked in three respects: (i) the agreement to arbitrate is itself a contract; (ii) there is scope (subject to clear consensual exclusion) in England for monitoring the arbitral tribunal's fidelity and accuracy in applying substantive English contract law; (iii) the subject-matter of the arbitration is nearly always a ‘contractual’ matter. These three elements underlie this work. They appear as Part I (arbitration is founded on agreement), Part II (monitoring accuracy), Part III (synopsis of the English contractual rules frequently encountered within arbitration).
The book will be a useful resource to foreign lawyers or English non-lawyers, English lawyers seeking a succinct discussion, and to arbitral tribunals.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-27144-6
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Law and Criminology
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-27142-2
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-27144-6
- Series Print ISSN 1534-6781
- Series Online ISSN 2214-9902
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Finance, Business & Banking