About this book
This book provides a coherent synopsis on the treatment and management of autoimmune blistering diseases. Each chapter focuses on one condition, and summarizes the present-day literature on currently available therapies, and how they may fit into various feasible treatment algorithms.
Many of these disorders can have irreversible consequences, and in some cases the potential to be fatal. The contributing authors are individuals who have devoted their careers to understanding these diseases, and have invested countless hours in their research laboratories and clinical settings.
Autoimmune Bullous Diseases: Approach and Management serves as a guide in assisting clinicians to develop their approach to treatment based on the specific disease and its severity. The information and algorithms presented provide pragmatic direction and assistance in the management of patients with these diseases.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Autoimmune Bullous Diseases
- Book Subtitle Approach and Management
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-26728-9
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-26726-5
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-80005-9
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-26728-9
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XV, 265
- Number of Illustrations 4 b/w illustrations, 50 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site
“This is a concise review of autoimmune bullous disorders seen in the field of dermatology. … Although written primarily for dermatologists, the book can be useful for any primary care provider, medical student, or resident interested in skin disorders. … The step-by-step approach to therapy and disease management provides an invaluable clinical tool. … This book belongs on the shelf of any dermatologist's library, within easy reach for bedside consultations in a clinical setting.” (Renata H. Mullen, Doody’s Book Reviews, June, 2016)