Table of contents
Complexity and Structural Properties of Linear Model Predictive Control
Distributed-coordinated and Multi-objective Features of Model Predictive Control
Collaborative Model Predictive Control
Applications of Optimization-Based Control and Identification
Optimization-Based Analysis and Design for Particular Classes of Dynamical Systems
About this book
This book deals with optimization methods as tools for decision making and control in the presence of model uncertainty. It is oriented to the use of these tools in engineering, specifically in automatic control design with all its components: analysis of dynamical systems, identification problems, and feedback control design.
Developments in Model-Based Optimization and Control takes advantage of optimization-based formulations for such classical feedback design objectives as stability, performance and feasibility, afforded by the established body of results and methodologies constituting optimal control theory. It makes particular use of the popular formulation known as predictive control or receding-horizon optimization.
The individual contributions in this volume are wide-ranging in subject matter but coordinated within a five-part structure covering material on:
· complexity and structure in model predictive control (MPC);
· collaborative MPC;
· distributed MPC;
· optimization-based analysis and design; and
· applications to bioprocesses, multivehicle systems or energy management.
The various contributions cover a subject spectrum including inverse optimality and more modern decentralized and cooperative formulations of receding-horizon optimal control. Readers will find fourteen chapters dedicated to optimization-based tools for robustness analysis, and decision-making in relation to feedback mechanisms—fault detection, for example—and three chapters putting forward applications where the model-based optimization brings a novel perspective.
Developments in Model-Based Optimization and Control is a selection of contributions expanded and updated from the Optimisation-based Control and Estimation workshops held in November 2013 and November 2014. It forms a useful resource for academic researchers and graduate students interested in the state of the art in predictive control. Control engineers working in model-based optimization and control, particularly in its bioprocess applications will also find this collection instructive.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Developments in Model-Based Optimization and Control
- Book Subtitle Distributed Control and Industrial Applications
Fernando Lobo Pereira
- Series Title Lecture Notes in Control and Information Sciences
- Series Abbreviated Title Lect. Notes Control
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-26687-9
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-26685-5
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-26687-9
- Series ISSN 0170-8643
- Series E-ISSN 1610-7411
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XVIII, 381
- Number of Illustrations 84 b/w illustrations, 31 illustrations in colour
Control and Systems Theory
Calculus of Variations and Optimal Control; Optimization
Systems Theory, Control
- Buy this book on publisher's site