About this book
- Functional and preference assessments for clinical decision making.
- Treatment modalities from cognitive behavioral therapy and pharmacotherapy to mindfulness, telehealth, and assistive technologies.
- Self-determination and choice as well as community living skills.
- Quality-of-life issues for individuals with IDD.
- Early intensive behavior interventions for autism spectrum disorder.
- Skills training for parents of children with IDD as well as staff training in positive behavior support.
- Evidence-based interventions for a wide range of challenging behaviors and issues.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Handbook of Evidence-Based Practices in Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
Nirbhay N. Singh
- Series Title Evidence-Based Practices in Behavioral Health
- Series Abbreviated Title Evidence-Based Practices in Behavioral Health
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-26583-4
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Behavioral Science and Psychology Behavioral Science and Psychology (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-26581-0
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-79974-2
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-26583-4
- Series ISSN 2366-6013
- Series E-ISSN 2366-6021
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XLI, 984
- Number of Illustrations 32 b/w illustrations, 4 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Health & Hospitals
“This book presents the current evidence-base for assessment, treatment modalities, and interventions for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. … For academics, this book provides a wealth of information on virtually all issues associated with intellectual and developmental disabilities, and identifies areas in need of further research to grow this field. Thus, if there is space for only one book on this topic in your office, this is the book.” (Theresa M. Courtney, Advances in Neurodevelopmental Disorders, Vol. 1, 2017)