About this book
This book provides a comprehensive introduction into photonics, from the electrodynamic and quantum mechanic fundamentals to the level of photonic components and building blocks such as lasers, amplifiers, modulators, waveguides, and detectors.
The book will serve both as textbook and as a reference work for the advanced student or scientist. Theoretical results are derived from basic principles with convenient, yet state-of-the-art mathematical tools, providing not only deeper understanding but also familiarization with formalisms used in the relevant technical literature and research articles. Among the subject matters treated are polarization optics, pulse and beam propagation, waveguides, light–matter interaction, stationary and transient behavior of lasers, semiconductor optics and lasers (including low-dimensional systems such as quantum wells), detector technology, photometry, and colorimetry. Nonlinear optics are elaborated comprehensively.
The book is intended for both students of physics and electronics and scientists and engineers in fields such as laser technology, optical communications, laser materials processing, and medical laser applications who wish to gain an in-depth understanding of photonics.
Beam Optics Laser Technology Nonlinear Optics Optics Photonics Polarization Optics Semiconductor Optics Waveguide Optics
- Book Title Photonics
- Book Subtitle An Introduction
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-26076-1
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Physics and Astronomy Physics and Astronomy (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-26074-7
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-79890-5
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-26076-1
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XV, 444
- Number of Illustrations 160 b/w illustrations, 94 illustrations in colour
- Additional Information Original German edition published by Springer Wien in 2012
Optics, Lasers, Photonics, Optical Devices
Microwaves, RF and Optical Engineering
- Buy this book on publisher's site