About this book
This second edition brings together the latest information about the pathophysiology and new therapeutic alternatives for osteoporosis of advanced age. Written by highly recognised clinicians and basic scientists in the field of aging bone research, this book includes aspects of muscle and bone interaction focusing on the impact of age-related muscle loss (sarcopenia) on the pathogenesis of falls and fractures in older persons.
Osteoporosis in Older Persons- Advances in Pathophysiology and Therapeutic Approach, Second Edition, aids the reader in understanding the mechanisms of senile osteoporosis with a practical approach to the treatment of its consequences. It is the perfect reference guide for geriatricians, gerontologists and bone biologists, as well as medical trainees.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-25976-5
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-25974-1
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-25976-5
- Buy this book on publisher's site