Table of contents
About this book
This brief examines recent developments in the Heterogeneous Vehicular NETworks (HETVNETs), integrating cellular networks with Dedicated Short-Range Communication (DSRC) for meeting the communications requirements of the Intelligent Transport System (ITS)services. Along with a review of recent literature, a unified framework of the HetVNET is presented. The brief focuses on introducing efficient MAC mechanisms for vehicular communications, including channel access protocols, broadcast/multicast protocols, the location-based channel congestion control scheme and the content-based resource allocation scheme. The cooperative communication between vehicles is discussed.
This brief concludes with a discussion on future research directions, and provides the readers with useful insights into the future designs in the HetVNETs, to motivate new ideas for performance improvements in vehicular networks.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-25622-1
- Copyright Information The Author(s) 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-25620-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-25622-1
- Series Print ISSN 2191-8112
- Series Online ISSN 2191-8120
- Buy this book on publisher's site