About this book
The liver is the largest solid vital organ in mammals that supports other organ in the body in some facet. This book synthesizes all the primary and relevant metabolic information that one needs to review to understand the complex and diverse role of the liver in metabolism.
With the current epidemic of metabolic diseases, it is of immediate importance to understand the contribution of the liver in health and its role in the development of impaired metabolic regulation. This book covers the many studies that have unmasked important roles that proteins expressed in the liver play in the development of or protection from metabolic diseases.
One of the major metabolic functions of the liver is to carry out de novo lipogenesis, which is the metabolic pathway that allows the conversion of excess carbohydrates into fatty acids. The process of de novo lipogenesis is covered in depth within this volume. The book is an important contribution to the vast literature and ongoing research on liver function.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Hepatic De Novo Lipogenesis and Regulation of Metabolism
James M. Ntambi
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-25065-6
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences Biomedical and Life Sciences (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-25063-2
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-79728-1
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-25065-6
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XI, 305
- Number of Illustrations 30 b/w illustrations, 5 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site