About this book
This volume explores the epigenetic alterations and their association with various human cancers. Considering one of human cancer as an example, individual chapters are focused on defining the role of epigenetic regulators and underlying mechanisms in cancer growth and progression.
Epigenetic alteration including DNA methylation, histone modification, nucleosome positioning and non-coding RNAs expression are involved in a complex network of regulating expression of oncogenes and tumor suppressor genes and constitute an important event of the multistep process of carcinogenesis. Recent advances in the understanding of the epigenetic regulation and detailed information of these epigenetic changes in various cancers provide new avenues of advancements in diagnostics, prognostics, and therapies of this highly fatal disease.
DNA methylation Gene-expression control Histone modifications RNA expression Epigenetic regulators
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-24951-3
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-24949-0
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-24951-3
- About this book