Table of contents
About this book
The second edition of this textbook includes revisions based on the feedback on the first edition. In a new chapter the authors provide a concise introduction to the remainder of UML diagrams, adopting the same holistic approach as the first edition.
Using a case-study-based approach for providing a comprehensive introduction to the principles of object-oriented design, it includes:
- A sound footing on object-oriented concepts such as classes, objects, interfaces, inheritance, polymorphism, dynamic linking, etc.
- A good introduction to the stage of requirements analysis
- Use of UML to document user requirements and design
- An extensive treatment of the design process
- Coverage of implementation issues
- Appropriate use of design and architectural patterns
- Introduction to the art and craft of refactoring
- Pointers to resources that further the reader's knowledge
The focus of the book is on implementation aspects, without which the learning is incomplete. This is achieved through the use of case studies for introducing the various concepts of analysis and design, ensuring that the theory is never separate from the implementation aspects.
All the main case studies used in this book have been implemented by the authors using Java. An appendix on Java provides a useful short tutorial on the language.
- Book Title Object-Oriented Analysis, Design and Implementation
- Book Subtitle An Integrated Approach
- Series Title Undergraduate Topics in Computer Science
- Series Abbreviated Title Undergraduate Topics Computer Sci.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-24280-4
- Copyright Information Universities Press (India) Private Ltd. 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Computer Science Computer Science (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-24278-1
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-24280-4
- Series ISSN 1863-7310
- Series E-ISSN 2197-1781
- Edition Number 2
- Number of Pages XIX, 471
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 166 illustrations in colour
- Additional Information Jointly published with Universities Press (India) Private Ltd, Hyderabad, India
- Buy this book on publisher's site