Table of contents
About this book
This volume sheds new light on economic developments in several countries of Southeast Europe. The European Union and especially the eurozone continue to experience rhythms of fiscal crisis, as can most clearly be seen in the debt crisis in the South Periphery. Despite the fact that several measures and decisions have been taken to deal with the crisis (banking union, liquidity support from the European Central Bank), proposals to reform Europe’s strategic policy in order to find a way out of the crisis have been put forward.
This book explores the respective roles that specific sectors, e.g. the agricultural sector, social capital, tax policies and labour immigration, can play in this regard. The importance of international economic relations (exports, imports, FDI, exchange rates) is analysed, in order to illustrate the nature of the economic developments and the major economic difficulties these countries face.
EU Crisis Balkan Economies Debt Crisis Fiscal Crisis South Periphery
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-24267-5
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Economics and Finance Economics and Finance (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-24266-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-24267-5
- Series Print ISSN 1431-1933
- Series Online ISSN 2197-7178
- Buy this book on publisher's site