Table of contents
About this book
Volume 1 presents 8 chapters addressing current genomic and bioinformatic approaches for understanding basic biology using model organisms like body lice, whitefly, aphid, Drosophila, and lepidopterans. Highlighted are genome sequencing projects, genomic approaches for studying aphid adaptations to host plant resistance and phenotypic plasticity, the molecular basis of gene regulation, and computational approaches for discovering potentially bioactive proteins from DNA sequence information.
The editors have assembled top-quality scientists from diverse fields of insect genomics, proteomics and biotechnology to produce a major new work. The chapters of this series (Volumes 1 & 2) present many experts’ contributions, providing a concise overview of recent advances by highlighting their current research. The chapters are accessible to wide audience, helping students, postdocs, and researchers to broaden their knowledge and gain an understanding of the challenges and opportunities in each field. Emphasis is on innovative effective and ecologically sound approaches based on the knowledge of insect science to improve public health and agriculture.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-24235-4
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences Biomedical and Life Sciences (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-24233-0
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-24235-4
- Series Print ISSN 2405-853X
- Series Online ISSN 2405-8548
- Buy this book on publisher's site