About this book
This is the first book to show the capabilities of Microsoft Excel to teach environmentall sciences statistics effectively. It is a step-by-step exercise-driven guide for students and practitioners who need to master Excel to solve practical environmental science problems. If understanding statistics isn’t your strongest suit, you are not especially mathematically-inclined, or if you are wary of computers, this is the right book for you.
Excel, a widely available computer program for students and managers, is also an effective teaching and learning tool for quantitative analyses in environmental science courses. Its powerful computational ability and graphical functions make learning statistics much easier than in years past. However, Excel 2013 for Environmental Sciences Statistics: A Guide to Solving Practical Problems is the first book to capitalize on these improvements by teaching students and managers how to apply Excel to statistical techniques necessary in their courses and work.
Each chapter explains statistical formulas and directs the reader to use Excel commands to solve specific, easy-to-understand environmental science problems. Practice problems are provided at the end of each chapter with their solutions in an appendix. Separately, there is a full Practice Test (with answers in an Appendix) that allows readers to test what they have learned.
- Book Title Excel 2013 for Environmental Sciences Statistics
- Book Subtitle A Guide to Solving Practical Problems
- Series Title Excel for Statistics
- Series Abbreviated Title Excel Statist.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-23977-4
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics Mathematics and Statistics (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-23975-0
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-23977-4
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XVII, 252
- Number of Illustrations 163 b/w illustrations, 2 illustrations in colour
Statistics for Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, Chemistry and Earth Sciences
Environmental Science and Engineering
Math. Appl. in Environmental Science
- Buy this book on publisher's site