About this book
This book outlines the management, treatment and consequences of chest wall deformities. Incorporating all the possible origin of these deformities – congenital or acquired which arise either post-traumatically or after surgery on the lungs – it also describes deformities associated with spinal conditions, for example kyphosis, and other defects such as Marfan syndrome. It goes into detail on the most common congenital defect, pectus excavatum.
Chest Wall Deformities and Corrective Procedures describes the diagnosis and appearance of patients with the condition, which is important as the symptoms do not always present in a typical manner in every case. Most severe cases present intolerance to exercise, pain and fatigue, while psychological symptoms can be common, which can cause considerable patient distress. The book defines the treatment options available, their possible complications and future necessities for public education.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-23968-2
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-23966-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-23968-2
- Buy this book on publisher's site