About this book
This book is the first to present a regional analysis of climate change and human health, focusing on geographically and socio-economically distinct countries of South and Southeast Asia. It has a major focus on India, Indonesia, Bangladesh, Malaysia, Thailand, Nepal and Taiwan.
Climate change is a significant and emerging threat to human health. It represents a range of environmental hazards and will affect populations in both the developed and developing countries. In particular, it affects the regions where the current burden of climate-sensitive diseases are high, which is the case in South and Southeast Asian countries.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Climate Change and Human Health Scenario in South and Southeast Asia
- Series Title Advances in Asian Human-Environmental Research
- Series Abbreviated Title Advs Asian Human-Environmental Res.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-23684-1
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science Earth and Environmental Science (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-23683-4
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-79521-8
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-23684-1
- Series ISSN 1879-7180
- Series E-ISSN 1879-7199
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XXV, 290
- Number of Illustrations 7 b/w illustrations, 58 illustrations in colour
Climate Change/Climate Change Impacts
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors