Table of contents
About this book
This book explores near-threshold computing (NTC), a design-space using techniques to run digital chips (processors) near the lowest possible voltage. Readers will be enabled with specific techniques to design chips that are extremely robust; tolerating variability and resilient against errors. Variability-aware voltage and frequency allocation schemes will be presented that will provide performance guarantees, when moving toward near-threshold manycore chips.
· Provides an introduction to near-threshold computing, enabling reader with a variety of tools to face the challenges of the power/utilization wall;
· Demonstrates how to design efficient voltage regulation, so that each region of the chip can operate at the most efficient voltage and frequency point;
· Investigates how performance guarantees can be ensured when moving towards NTC manycores through variability-aware voltage and frequency allocation schemes.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-23389-5
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-23388-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-23389-5
- Buy this book on publisher's site