Table of contents
Truth and Semantics
Social Epistemology, Rational Choice Theory and Public Policy
Values in Science
Philosophy of Physics and Chemistry
Induction, Probability and Chaos
Fiction, Representation and Explanation
Philosophy of the Life Sciences and of Psychology
About this book
This volume showcases the best of recent research in the philosophy of science. A compilation of papers presented at the EPSA 13, it explores a broad distribution of topics such as causation, truthlikeness, scientific representation, gender-specific medicine, laws of nature, science funding and the wisdom of crowds.
Papers are organised into headings which form the structure of the book. Readers will find that it covers several major fields within the philosophy of science, from general philosophy of science to the more specific philosophy of physics, philosophy of chemistry, philosophy of the life sciences, philosophy of psychology, and philosophy of the social sciences and humanities, amongst others.
This volume provides an excellent overview of the state of the art in the philosophy of science, as practiced in different European countries and beyond. It will appeal to researchers with an interest in the philosophical underpinnings of their own discipline, and to philosophers who wish to explore the latest work on the themes explored.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-23015-3
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Humanities, Social Sciences and Law
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-23014-6
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-23015-3
- Series Print ISSN 2365-4228
- Series Online ISSN 2365-4236
- Buy this book on publisher's site