Table of contents
About this book
This casebook demonstrates that the future of global business lies in how well the multinational landscape is charted and how the importance of Asian market leaders is deeply embedded in it. It offers international management students and researchers an extensive guide to the business history, strategy development, and foreign market entry modes used by emerging Asian multinationals. The cases focus on well-known companies such as Lenovo, Alibaba, Infosys, Huawei, Panasonic, and Rakuten. These companies, all of which generate huge revenues in their own countries (e.g. in China, India, South Korea, Taiwan, Vietnam), are now becoming increasingly sophisticated and striving to become global brands, while also enjoying the active support of their governments in terms of their international business.
Readers will learn about the current multinational landscape in Asia, the management challenges, and the future implications for traditional western companies seeking to retain their market share. Chapters on corporate entrepreneurship, human resource management and intercultural competence, and current branding trends in Asia will provide a cutting-edge update on international business strategy for students and practitioners alike.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-23012-2
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Business and Management Business and Management (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-23011-5
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-23012-2
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Finance, Business & Banking