Table of contents
About this book
This book treats several subjects from the History of Mechanism and Machine Science, and also contains an illustrative presentation of the Museum of Engines and Mechanisms of the University of Palermo, Italy, which houses a collection of various pieces of machinery from the last 150 years.
The various sections deal with some eminent scientists of the past, with the history of industrial installations, machinery and transport, with the human inventiveness for mechanical and scientific devices, and with robots and human-driven automata. All chapters have been written by experts in their fields.
The volume shows a wide-ranging panorama on the historical progress of scientific and technical knowledge in the past centuries. It will stimulate new research and ideas for those involved in the history of Science and Technology.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Essays on the History of Mechanical Engineering
- Series Title History of Mechanism and Machine Science
- Series Abbreviated Title History Mechanism, Machine
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-22680-4
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-22679-8
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-79417-4
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-22680-4
- Series ISSN 1875-3442
- Series E-ISSN 1875-3426
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XI, 409
- Number of Illustrations 142 b/w illustrations, 180 illustrations in colour
History and Philosophical Foundations of Physics
Manufacturing, Machines, Tools, Processes
- Buy this book on publisher's site