About this book
This brief but potent reference combines cognitive-behavioral and rational-emotive theory and techniques in an effective group program for parents of children with externalizing disorders. The Rational Positive Parenting Program (rPPP) addresses irrational emotions and their underlying beliefs that contribute to ineffective parenting, while modeling skills for improved parent-child relationships and management of children’s problem behaviors. The book reviews the full-length, brief, and online protocols for rPPP, with session content, objectives, therapeutic techniques, activities, and assignments. Also included are a digest of the evidence base for the program, and a kit of parent handouts targeting emotion-regulation skills.
This highly practical volume:
- Overviews externalizing disorders in children, and their treatment.
- Examines parenting practices as an etiological factor for child psychopathology.
- Situates the Rational Positive Parenting Program in CBT and REBT theory.
- Presents empirical support for rPPP.
- Details the full-length, brief, and online protocols for rPPP.
- Includes rPPP forms, worksheets, and measures.
The Rational Positive Parenting Program is a ready resource for practitioners working in REBT, including therapists, clinical psychologists, and counselors, as well as for researchers addressing externalizing disorders in children in clinical practice.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-22339-1
- Copyright Information The Author(s) 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Behavioral Science and Psychology
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-22338-4
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-22339-1
- Series Print ISSN 2192-8363
- Series Online ISSN 2192-8371
- About this book
- Industry Sectors