Table of contents
About this book
This book is a comprehensive and authoritative text on the subject of cardiovascular magnetic resonance (CMR). Imaging experts from the most medically advanced areas of the world discuss the basic principles of this modality in detail while maintaining a focus on the needs of cardiovascular imagers who wish to learn more about this subject but do not have a strong background in physics.
CMR is now considered a clinically important imaging modality for patients with a wide variety of cardiovascular diseases. Recent developments have influenced a wide variety of cardiovascular imaging applications, many of which are now routinely used in clinical practice in CMR laboratories around the world. That it is non-invasive and lacks ionizing radiation exposure make CMR uniquely important for patients whose clinical condition requires serial imaging follow-up.
Basic Principles of Cardiovascular MRI: Physics and Imaging Techniques includes a wealth of CMR examples in the form of high-resolution still images. Each imaging technique is discussed in separate chapters that include the physics and clinical applications (with cardiovascular examples) of that particular technique. As such, this book will be essential for cardiovascular medicine specialists and trainees , cardiovascular physicists, and clinical cardiovascular imagers.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Basic Principles of Cardiovascular MRI
- Book Subtitle Physics and Imaging Technique
Mushabbar A. Syed
Subha V. Raman
Orlando P. Simonetti
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-22141-0
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-22140-3
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-37113-9
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-22141-0
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XIV, 338
- Number of Illustrations 97 b/w illustrations, 142 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site