Table of contents
About this book
This book explains how to combine and exploit sensor networks and internet-of-things (IoT) technologies and Web-service design patterns to enrich and integrate Building Information Models (BIMs). It provides approaches and software architectures for facilitating the interaction with (and between) BIMs through Web services, and for enabling and facilitating the fusion of the information residing in such models or of information acquired from IoT technologies. The proposed software architectures are presented in the form of design patterns. This information fusion will facilitate many novel application fields ranging from emergency response, to urban monitoring and surveillance, and to smart buildings.
The book consists of 8 chapters. The first 2 chapters focus on the basics of BIMs, while chapter 3 presents fundamental service-oriented architecture patterns for complex information models. Subsequently, chapters 4 and 5 elaborate on the hardware and software side of IoT, with a special focus on their use for BIMs. Chapter 6 provides advanced SOA patterns for BIMs, while chapter 7 details patterns for IoT, and for BIM and IoT information fusion. Lastly, chapter 8 summarizes the work and provides an outlook on promising future developments.
Overall, the book will be beneficial for researchers and developers in the fields of building information models, IoT applications, and systems integration.
- Book Title Enhanced Building Information Models
- Book Subtitle Using IoT Services and Integration Patterns
- Series Title SpringerBriefs in Computer Science
- Series Abbreviated Title SpringerBriefs Computer Sci.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-21825-0
- Copyright Information The Author(s) 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Computer Science Computer Science (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-21824-3
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-21825-0
- Series ISSN 2191-5768
- Series E-ISSN 2191-5776
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XII, 121
- Number of Illustrations 56 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Special Purpose and Application-Based Systems
Communications Engineering, Networks
- Buy this book on publisher's site
“This book enhances the BIM to incorporate Internet of Things (IoT) services, which can provide real-time information that is generated by IoT devices to BIM clients. … The architecture introduced in this book will be useful to readers who are familiar with similar information models as well as BIM … .” (Seon Yeong Han, Computing Reviews, computingreviews.com, August, 2016)