About this book
This atlas is dedicated specifically to gynecologic frozen section diagnosis and addresses professional practice gaps such as high diagnostic error rate, slow turnaround time, and inefficient communication between surgeons and pathologists at the time of intraoperative frozen section consultation of gynecologic specimens. The format of the volume is a combination of concise text and high quality gross and frozen section microscopic images, meticulously selected from the superb collection of pathology specimens of gynecologic tumors provided at Yale-New Haven Hospital in the past decades. Frequent entities with diagnostic pitfalls are balanced with less common lesions. Strategies to recognize their diagnostic features are emphasized, in addition to the impact on optimal surgical treatment of patients with gynecologic cancer. The indications, limitations, morphologic diagnostic criteria and pitfalls of frozen section consultation in gynecologic pathology are thoroughly reviewed with an ultimate goal of avoiding patient mismanagement in real-time. High quality frozen section microscopic illustrations aid the recognition of morphologic patterns and serve as quick reference during intraoperative consultation.
Written by experts in the field, Atlas of Intraoperative Frozen Section Diagnosis in Gynecologic Pathology is a valuable resource for pathologists at all career/expertise levels who are involved in intraoperative consultation in their daily clinical practice.
- Book Title Atlas of Intraoperative Frozen Section Diagnosis in Gynecologic Pathology
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-21807-6
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-21806-9
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-35672-3
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-21807-6
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XIV, 328
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 272 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site