About this book
This timely volume explores tissue-derived stem cells, summarizing and evaluating the current body of knowledge. Sixteen chapters cover hematopoietic, osteoblast, skeletal, cardiac, pancreatic, epithelial, corneal, hepatic, renal, testicular, ovarian, fingernail, hair follicle and other stem cells- discussing their individual development, functions, and pathologies, as well as the commonalities and interdependence between niches.
This installment of the popular Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine series delivers authoritative, international perspectives on this rapidly growing field. Tissue-Specific Stem Cell Niche is an ideal complementary volume to Biology of Stem Cell Niche and Adult Stem Cells, Second Edition and will be invaluable to clinicians and researchers working with stem cells as well as to postgraduate trainees who are studying them.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-21705-5
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-21704-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-21705-5
- Series Print ISSN 2196-8985
- Series Online ISSN 2196-8993
- Buy this book on publisher's site