About this book
This comprehensive volume explores functions, pathologies, and applications of stem cells in relation to the niches in which they develop. Ten chapters cover the subject in depth, from a historical perspective through signaling, hormonal control, quiescence, biomimetics, epigenetics, engineering strategies for emulating, tumorigenesis and more. The chapter authors represent a broad range of international expertise and perspectives.
This installment of the popular Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine series delivers authoritative, international perspectives on this rapidly growing field. Biology of Stem Cell Niche is an ideal complementary volume to Tissue-Specific Stem Cell Niche and Adult Stem Cells, Second Edition and will be invaluable to clinicians and researchers working with stem cells as well as to postgraduate trainees who are studying them.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-21702-4
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-21701-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-21702-4
- Series Print ISSN 2196-8985
- Series Online ISSN 2196-8993
- Buy this book on publisher's site