About this book
This book presents a global overview examining monsoon variability in South Asia, Australian, South America and North American, as well as a focus on glaciers and monsoon systems.
Monsoon systems are important components of the Earth's climate and play fundamental roles in water and energy balances. The variability and changes in the monsoons affect millions of people and the economies of many countries. This book presents the physical mechanisms involved with monsoon systems, including recent modeling advances addressing climate changes and future projections.
The Monsoons and Climate Change will be of interest to both graduate students and researchers.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title The Monsoons and Climate Change
- Book Subtitle Observations and Modeling
Leila Maria Véspoli de Carvalho
- Series Title Springer Climate
- Series Abbreviated Title Springer Climate
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-21650-8
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science Earth and Environmental Science (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-21649-2
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-79356-6
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-21650-8
- Series ISSN 2352-0698
- Series E-ISSN 2352-0701
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages X, 253
- Number of Illustrations 94 b/w illustrations, 11 illustrations in colour
Climate Change/Climate Change Impacts
- Buy this book on publisher's site