About this book
This book is for anyone who owns, or is thinking of owning, a Vixen Star Book Ten telescope mount or its predecessor. A revolution in amateur astronomy has occurred in the past decade with the wide availability of high tech, computer-driven, Go-To telescopes. Vixen Optics is leading the way by offering the Star Book Ten system, with its unique star map graphics software.
The Star Book Ten is the latest version of computer telescope control using star map graphics as a user interface, first introduced in the original Star Book first offered in 2003. The increasingly complicated nature of this software means that learning to optimize this program is not straightforward, and yet the resulting views when all features are correctly deployed can be phenomenal.
After a short history of computerized Go-To telescopes for the consumer amateur astronomer market, Chen offers a treasury of technical information. His advice, tips, and solutions aid the user in getting the most out of the Star Book Ten system in observing sessions.
- Book Title The Vixen Star Book User Guide
- Book Subtitle How to Use the Star Book TEN and the Original Star Book
- Series Title The Patrick Moore Practical Astronomy Series
- Series Abbreviated Title Patrick Moore Pract.Astron.Series(formerly:Practical Astronomy)
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-21593-8
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Physics and Astronomy Physics and Astronomy (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-21592-1
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-21593-8
- Series ISSN 1431-9756
- Series E-ISSN 2197-6562
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XII, 292
- Number of Illustrations 5 b/w illustrations, 271 illustrations in colour
Popular Science in Astronomy
Astronomy, Observations and Techniques
Software Engineering/Programming and Operating Systems
- Buy this book on publisher's site