About this book
This SpringerBrief examines the technology of email privacy encryption from its origins to its theoretical and practical details. It explains the challenges in standardization, usability, and trust that interfere with the user experience for software protection. Chapters address the origins of email encryption and why email encryption is rarely used despite the myriad of its benefits -- benefits that cannot be obtained in any other way. The construction of a secure message and its entwining with public key technology are covered. Other chapters address both independent standards for secure email and how they work. The final chapters include a discussion of getting started with encrypted email and how to live with it.
Written by an expert in software security and computer tools, Encrypted Email: The History and Technology of Message Privacy is designed for researchers and professionals working in email security and encryption. Advanced-level students interested in security and networks will also find the content valuable.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-21344-6
- Copyright Information The Author(s) 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Computer Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-21343-9
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-21344-6
- Series Print ISSN 2191-5768
- Series Online ISSN 2191-5776
- Buy this book on publisher's site