About this book
This book presents a comprehensive study of the handling of fresh fruits in the developing world from harvesting to the shelf. With annual losses ranging from 30-40% due to lack of knowledge on proper handling practices and value addition, this book's information on postharvest handling and quality testing is crucial for reducing these losses and improving the quality and safety of fresh fruits in these areas. With its added focus on marketing and organized retail aspects, Postharvest Quality Assurance of Fruits: Practical Approaches for Developing Countries covers the entire range of fruit handling, from transportation and packaging to quality assessment and commercial preparation.
In presenting a fully comprehensive outline of the factors affecting postharvest quality and marketability of fruits, this work lays the foundation for understanding the proper storage, transportation and packaging methods to prevent losses and increase quality. With its study of prevailing marketing systems, supply chains and retail methods, the book presents the complete picture for the postharvest handling of fruits in the developing world.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-21197-8
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Chemistry and Materials Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-21196-1
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-21197-8
- Buy this book on publisher's site