About this book
This monograph opens up new horizons for engineers and researchers in academia and in industry dealing with or interested in new developments in the field of system identification and control. It emphasizes guidelines for working solutions and practical advice for their implementation rather than the theoretical background of Gaussian process (GP) models. The book demonstrates the potential of this recent development in probabilistic machine-learning methods and gives the reader an intuitive understanding of the topic. The current state of the art is treated along with possible future directions for research.
Systems control design relies on mathematical models and these may be developed from measurement data. This process of system identification, when based on GP models, can play an integral part of control design in data-based control and its description as such is an essential aspect of the text. The background of GP regression is introduced first with system identification and incorporation of prior knowledge then leading into full-blown control. The book is illustrated by extensive use of examples, line drawings, and graphical presentation of computer-simulation results and plant measurements. The research results presented are applied in real-life case studies drawn from successful applications including:
- a gas–liquid separator control;
- urban-traffic signal modelling and reconstruction; and
- prediction of atmospheric ozone concentration.
A MATLAB® toolbox, for identification and simulation of dynamic GP models is provided for download.
Advances in Industrial Control aims to report and encourage the transfer of technology in control engineering. The rapid development of control technology has an impact on all areas of the control discipline. The series offers an opportunity for researchers to present an extended exposition of new work in all aspects of industrial control.
- Book Title Modelling and Control of Dynamic Systems Using Gaussian Process Models
- Series Title Advances in Industrial Control
- Series Abbreviated Title Advances in Industrial Control
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-21021-6
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-21020-9
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-79327-6
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-21021-6
- Series ISSN 1430-9491
- Series E-ISSN 2193-1577
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XVI, 267
- Number of Illustrations 100 b/w illustrations, 17 illustrations in colour
Control and Systems Theory
Industrial Chemistry/Chemical Engineering
Statistics for Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, Chemistry and Earth Sciences
- Buy this book on publisher's site