About this book
The world’s foremost expert on pricing strategy shows how this mysterious process works and how to maximize value through pricing to company and customer.
In this engaging and practical narrative, Hermann Simon leaves nothing out of the pricing cocktail, explaining each ingredient through dozens of stories collected over four decades in the trenches and behind the scenes. A world-renowned speaker on pricing and a trusted advisor to Fortune 500 executives, Simon’s lifelong journey has taken him from rural farmers’ markets, to a distinguished academic career, to a long second career as an entrepreneur and management consultant to companies large and small throughout the world. Along the way, he has learned from Nobel Prize winners and leading management gurus, and helped countless managers and executives use pricing as a way to create new markets, grow their businesses, and gain a sustained competitive advantage. Here, for consumers and business people alike, he reveals the secrets of successful pricing practices, and shares the wisdom and common sense that will forever change the way you thinking about pricing.
“This is the best book I know to open your mind to the practical problems in setting your prices.”
PHILIP KOTLER, S.C. Johnson & Son Distinguished Professor of International Marketing at the Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University.
“Hermann Simon is ‘The Pricing Man’ and a giant withinour discipline. With more than 40 years of experience in pricing research and practice with companies across the globe and across all major industries, he possesses the know-how to help organizations large, medium-sized, and small to improve their pricing acumen. This book will help you improve your pricing management skills, strategies, and tactics – and it will help your company also.”
KEVIN MITCHELL, President, The Professional Pricing Society, Inc.
“Hermann Simon is a man who can get upset about being offered a 35 percent discount on a new digital camera. His fascination with ‘willingness to pay’ is infectious. As much as any individual, he is behind the professionalization of pricing in the past couple of decades.”
WILLIAM POUNDSTONE, Author, Priceless: The Myth of Fair Value (and How to Take Advantage of It)
- Book Title Confessions of the Pricing Man
- Book Subtitle How Price Affects Everything
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-20400-0
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2015
- Publisher Name Copernicus, Cham
- eBook Packages Business and Economics Business and Management (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-20399-7
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-20400-0
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XV, 221
- Number of Illustrations 26 b/w illustrations, 17 illustrations in colour
- Additional Information Originally published in German Language by Campus Verlag, Frankfurt, Germany, 2013
- Buy this book on publisher's site